This is the process for creating a new User in Endur. This process should be followed for both Production users and Project/Test users.
(Note, this does not reflect the authorization process for approving new users. This will vary between customers. This document details the recommended process for setting them up in the systems only).
The process flow is:
- Create new User in emdash via Reference Data Mgr -> User -> Add User
- LAN ID: This is the shortname that the user will have in Endur. It is usually the same as the AD account name
- Display Name: This must match the Display Name attribute in AD exactly. If the user has already been set up in AD, go to AD Users and Computers and copy it, then paste the value in the emdash™ ‘Display Name’ field.
- Email Address: Optional field
- UserTeam: Team that the user belongs to: Front Office, MOBO, Testing, etc.
- UserType: For all non-system users this should be ‘Endur User’.
- If the User has not been set up in AD, allocating them to an environment will create them in AD, and add them to all relevant groups.
- emdash™ does not manage the definition of the user within Endur. Personnel Manager in Endur is the best place to store the mappings of a user to Endur-specific data such as Portfolios, Business Entities, Security Groups and Trading Locations.
- The most straightforward way of creating a new user is to copy a similar, existing users’ definition and changing the shortname to that set up in emdash™ in Step 1 (the LAN ID)
- Make sure that the user is set to ‘Authorized’, ‘Licensed User’ and they have the relevant Security Groups.
- This will set the status to ‘Internal’, and ‘Do Not Use’ so they don’t consume a license in Production
- It keeps the License Type and Security Group mapping.
- Note if you changed the attibutes to ‘Internal’ and ‘Do Not Use’ within the Endur GUI all licenses and security group mappings are lost. Therefore, removing the user from Production with emdash is an important step to allow users to login to non-production environments.
If a User is needed in an environment and it cannot be refreshed, simply repeat step 2 and 3 in that test environment specifically.